On Thursday, I felt a little better, but I had to suck it up because I had to do Sarina, Kylie, Christina Houston, Christina VanVleet, Veronika, Vanessa and Heather’s hair for DanceSport. I had appointments from 5:30 A.M. till about 1:00 P.M… It was a busy morning, but I made some money from my ballroom hair abilities. That afternoon, I competed in Pre-Champ Smooth (Waltz, tango and foxtrot). It was a lot of fun, but Brett and I got cut during the first round. What a shocker! Not. I kind of knew that is how it would go down. I stayed at DanceSport for the rest of the day…
The next day, I had more hair and make-up appointments, but not as many as before. I also went to lunch with Nessa and her mom. We went to the Pita Pit, and I was excited to be able to eat (which is something that didn’t really happen on Wednesday or Thursday). My mom called me while I was the competition to tell me that my nephew was born! He is a little fatty… and he looks just like my brother. I won’t be able to meet him until summer... Sad.
Anyway, I went back to the comp to watch Amateur Standard and the Pro Show Dances… They were kind of disappointing, actually. I remembered Max and Yulia’s being so much fun last year… I guess with standard, that makes the difference. Still, Victor and Ana, Julia and Igor and Urs and Agnes were amazing. My favorite was Garry and Rita’s Robot Routine. By the way, this is a picture of Ira and Abby Pollock, my favorite Amateur Standard couple... Look at Abby's headline... so pretty.Saturday was more restful. I didn’t really have any appointments that day, I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep and watch some movies. I went back to the competition in time to watch Amateur Smooth, some junior and youth events, Amateur Latin, Cabaret, and the Battle of the Champions. After all that… I think I am a little ballroomed out.
Yesterday marked the resurrection of the Cookie Sunday Tradition, and there was also church. I will post more pictures from the competition soon. Maybe... if i remember to bring my camera to work.

2 comments:
Wow, that dance is pretty sweet! Kinda crazy too....
I love the picture of you at danceport. Looks like fun. Hope all is well. - Katy
Post a Comment