Yes, it is true, I am moving in 48 days, 23 hours and 35 minutes, but who is counting?
I am pretty excited to work with an advertising agency, see a ridiculous amount of musicals and LIVE in Manhattan. I have all these awesome plans of how I am going to go to Central Park on Sundays and people watch... Maybe I'll even pull out my sketch book and bring my artistic abilities back to life.
Another thing I am excited about is our advisor, Chris Cutri. He was my professor for my Advertising concepts and senior capstone classes. I always had a little bit of a hard time trying to understand how he works, but he is a genius... Honestly. His thinking process is so elaborate. It's like that Coke commercial- the one where this guy puts a quarter into the machine and then it shows you the entire process of how that specific Coke was made. He is so awesome. I'm hoping the elaborate thinking will be extended to us, his students.
Here is what I have done so far in preparation for NYC:
* Housing Application turned in for International House at Columbia University.
* Deposit for internship program
* First housing payment
* Plane ticket purchased- Jet Blue
* Scholarship and grant applications submitted
* First round of cleaning out my room, you know, looking for things I can get rid of.
2 comments:
Wow, it's so crazy to think you're moving to New York! But I'm sure you'll love it, you big-city-girl you!
Chris and I may be moveing back to AZ some time soon, but if we are still here when you come we'll have to try and get together. I know you'll be busy, but we could try. I'd love to see you.
Post a Comment