My uncle died one year ago today. I still can't believe he is gone... Even though he lived in a different country and I didn't see him much, I often find myself missing him a lot more than I ever thought possible. It is always hard to lose someone who once brought so much joy into your life. Here is something I wrote that morning, a little while after I found out about his death:
My Uncle Rodrigo was truly an amazing person. He had such a kind heart. He blessed our lives with his presence and now that he is gone, we honor his memory by remembering his kindness and good works.
"Some of you know about my Uncle Rodrigo who had been battling with Cancer for several years. He passed away this morning. He was a cheerful, kind, loving person who always had a positive attitude no matter what. Instead of mourning the fact that he had Cancer, he celebrated his life and showed us how we should live our lives everyday. He was the glue that held everyone together. He was there for me when no one else could be. We knew this would happen, but did not think it would happen so soon. I ask you to please keep my family in your prayers. A lot of them are not LDS and do not have the peace that comes from understanding the Plan of Happiness. Pray for them; I feel like they are the ones who will have the hardest time coping with this loss. "
My Uncle Rodrigo was truly an amazing person. He had such a kind heart. He blessed our lives with his presence and now that he is gone, we honor his memory by remembering his kindness and good works.

No comments:
Post a Comment