random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

4.17.2009

Re-Inspired...

A few nights ago, I attended a CD release for Shoshana Bean/book signing for Kristin Chenoweth (famous for creating the roles of Galinda in Wicked and Sally in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, as well as some TV and film, including Bewitched, Pushing Daisies, Deck the Halls, Four Christmases, etc.)


Kristin didn’t sing, which was unfortunate, but it was interesting to listen to her give advice on how to keep going when the going gets tough. One of my favorite things she said was that you just have to have faith... In yourself and your possibilities... Then she talked about Wicked and how creating the role of Galinda was challenging for her. Who would have thought? She makes it look so easy. And then, my favorite, favorite piece of advice she gave was “Do something to re-inspire yourself.”  

And that made me think of how I am constantly surrounded by things that inspire me and I shouldn't take those things for granted and how I should use those things to get the things I want... Is that last sentence vague enough? 

SO props to Kristin for putting her life out there for all to read. I, myself, am pretty excited to read her biography. I got an autographed copy, of course. And a shout out to Shoshana who is a fabulous singer with an extremely creative mind. 

No comments: