random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

4.24.2009

Cupcakes and Weirdys (I stole that word from Night at the Museum)

So yesterday, I needed to go drop off some stuff for Gavin at the Hirschfield Theater, so I just went to the stage door and walked in. I didn’t see anyone so I just kind of stood there for a minute and then this guy came out and this is what went down:

Guy: Can I help you?
Me: Yes, can you please just make sure Gavin gets this?
Guy: (Rolls his eyes) Just put it over there... Those better be no cupcakes.
Me: They’re not. (I promise, it wasn’t cupcakes..it was Broadway Impact stuff)
Guy: So you didn’t bring the cupcakes?
Me: umm...no
Guy: Riiiight....
Me: I didn’t!

And then I walked out. That guy probably thinks I buy cupcakes for Gavin every single day. I guess he gets a lot of cupcakes. Anyway... As I was walking down the street to go meet Anna Banana at Starbucks I was kind of laughing about it and this weirdy comes up to me. This is what went down:

Weirdy: Heeey. Let’s get together for coffee!
Me: ummm...no.
Weirdy: Are you sure?
Me: Yes.
Weirdy: Really, are you sure?
Me: Really, yes. Have a good night!


And then I booked over to 9th to the safety of my favorite Starbucks in the city...


1 comment:

Merilee said...

Nina, I love you. I love both of those conversations and am so glad you shared them with the rest of us.

Weirdy, hah.