random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

4.09.2009

I have decided...

to revert to my high school days and reread the classics...

I am going to start with my all-time favorite, A Tale of Two Cities. Then I am going to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights... and possibly even William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying... Sounds cheerful, no? We'll see about him. His stream of consciousness approach kind of drives me crazy.  Also on the list: Great Expectations, Tess of the D'Urbervilles, The Scarlet Letter, 1984, The Great Gatsby and Pride and Prejudice. 

 We all know how quickly I read books. It is ridiculous. So, leave me a suggestion. You know I'll get through these in no time. 

4 comments:

golublog said...

Tale of two cities. I used to love that Sidney Carton.

Glitter said...

Jane eyre...
Pride and prejudice
The scarlet letter
The good earth
Crime and punishment

Ps. I have alot these books if you need to borrow them.

Brad and Hailey said...

Good for you! I need to do the same ... I can't remember anything and I feel so illeterate (sp?) these days!

Katya said...

oh my, sounds so fun! this summer, i'm thinking i want to read war and peace. i read anna karenina a couple of summers ago, and i think i ought to go for round two of tolstoy...