
When I was a junior in college, I took a job as a nanny for the most adorable 4 year-old. During the Christmas season (and even for a few months after), he would have me read him The Polar Express and How the Grinch Stole Christmas at least twice each night. Naturally, I got to know these books really well and can probably recite them by heart.
Anyway, Logan (that's the little boy) also had a huge obsession with both of those movies... (The Polar Express more than The Grinch, since the Polar Express also included trains, his all-time favorite thing). Because of him, I got to really love that movie. I watched it today and it reminded me of how much I loved sharing that Christmas season with Log who really did believe. It makes you think twice about the things that were once so important to us (i.e. Santa).
Every time I see a silver bell now, I think of Logan and how much that bell meant to him. It adds a little bit of cheer to my day knowing that something so simple can add so much magic to someone's life....
If you are unfamiliar with the significance of the silver bell in The Polar Express, click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment