Miss Allison Kalman requested 16 facts about me...things she does not know about me, so here they are:
1. When I was little, I wanted to be a dentist… mostly because my dad is a dentist. Then, I wanted to be a paleontologist, and then a marine biologist… and somehow, I ended up in advertising.
2. Even though I love the ocean, I hate swimming in it at night. Hello? There could be sharks in the water! I know because I have seen them.
3. When I was little, I really liked eating fish. Now, you can’t pay me enough to eat it.
4. When I was in first grade, I told my music teacher that I knew how to play the piano, which was totally a lie... Only, he didn’t know it was, so he asked me to play a song for the class and I went up there and started hitting keys. I’m sure it sounded terrible… but my classmates liked it!
5. I took AP studio art in high school and actually passed the test. Very few people did!
6. I can quote the entire Babysitter’s Club movie. Ok…maybe not the whole thing, but a lot of it.
7. I once actually really hated musicals. RENT was the turning point.
8. I used to be a baton twirler but I am pretty sure I can’t do any of that now.
9. My sister and I were obsessed with figure skating! Only they didn’t have any ice skating rinks in Costa Rica so we roller skated in this park by our house and made up all these routines… We were really good, actually.
10. I was really bored one day and started drawing a bunch of fruit and my mom saw my artistic ability and put me in art classes (when I was 10).
11. I LOVE, love, love books. I read them like they’re going out of style. I also love owning books. I have a really fun collection and I always reread them.
12. When I was four, my family went to a Valentino concert and he did a cover of Lady in Red and they pulled me on the stage while he sang that song to me. I am pretty sure I was SO embarrassed.
13. Wrapping presents is my favorite Christmas activity. For real.
14. I hate competing for attention… If I don't have it, I wont work for it. Probably due to middle child syndrome.
15. I have a really good memory especially as it relates to birthdays and movie quotes.
16. I am an old soul. I should have been born in the 40s. I like the fashion and music way, way better… It totally explains my liking for vintage stuff and finger waves and red lipstick and cute hats. My favorite thing I have is a vintage music/jewelry box.
Pages
random
(27)
Broadway
(26)
London
(16)
beautiful things
(15)
family
(14)
travel
(14)
Friends
(13)
NYC
(13)
producing
(9)
Christmas
(6)
Europe
(6)
Paris
(6)
BYU
(5)
Florida
(5)
Thanksgiving
(5)
theater
(5)
Apartment
(4)
Birthday
(4)
Movies
(4)
New York
(4)
RENT
(4)
Twilight
(4)
life
(4)
music
(4)
Baby
(3)
Ballroom
(2)
Broadway Impact
(2)
Exciting stuff
(2)
Pretty Things
(2)
Tags
(2)
art
(2)
concerts
(2)
dance
(2)
decor
(2)
equality
(2)
free stuff
(2)
marriage equality
(2)
mom
(2)
tv
(2)
Amalia
(1)
BYU Football
(1)
Fun Stuff
(1)
Halloween
(1)
Literature
(1)
Louvre
(1)
Munchkin
(1)
Oscars
(1)
Things I like
(1)
Utah
(1)
Versailles
(1)
politics
(1)
recipes
(1)
3 comments:
If you jump up and down the WHOLE time you are in the water then teh sharks won't get you. Promise.
I love the Babysitters club movie too! :)
I totally didn't notice you answered this until just today because I am bad at keeping up on people's blogs (New Years resolution is to be better at that!)
But I'm glad you did it because meeting you all in the city was wonderful and I want to make sure we keep in touch and I know so little about you. (And I only do these things when I'm really bored to but if you ever need entertainment I probably have a backstock of them :)
Me bugging you for further info that you can answer or ignore: It's so funny to hear that you used to hate musicals. When was it that you saw Rent the first time? Do you still draw for fun? Do you want to wrap my gifts next year? (Okay, kidding.)
What kind of books do you like to read? I read a ridiculous amount too and I always love to have someone to discuss stuff with or get recommendations.
I'm glad it looks like you had an amazing Christmas! We'll talk soon.
Post a Comment