random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

11.03.2008

A tribute to Nessa (who is alive and well)





My other half is leaving me to go on a mission on Wednesday to Malaga, Spain. I sure will miss her, but I am glad she will get to fulfill her dream of serving a mission for the Church. She will be able to share the joy that the Gospel brings into people's lives.

I sure hope they have ice cream (and LOTS of it) in Malaga or I am not sure how V is going to cope.

Here are my favorite Vanessa memories:

* Kylie calls me to see if Vanessa can come to my birthday dinner, and without thinking about it, I say "I don't know her..." Hahaha.... Sorry, V... You know I love you.


* Vanessa calls me after a VERY long day at school to see if she can move in because she hates her apartment. Thus, began the Summer of Nina and Nessa.

* CPK, swimming pool, Dairy Queen... Need I say more?

* Prank calling Nathan Cashion every 5 minutes for an hour. He SO loves us.

* Trying on ballroom dresses in the RB... If I had a picture of the Copa Cabana samba dresses, I would totally post it

* Buying matching velour suits and wearing them to the ballroom closing social

* Cookie making = a weekly tradition

* V thinking she was SO sneaky the day she picked me up from work at Del Sol

* Throwing Kylie a Happy 3/5ths Birthday Party

* Making up our own samba routine in 285 complete with bacha caras and bota fogos

* V talking back to Brent Keck... AND NO ONE talks back to Brent

* My weekly Facebook message from Ness with photo commentaries

Anyway...those are a few. I hope Nessa's future companions can put up with her morning monster syndrome and with her humor...


So looking forward to the reunion!

xoxo,


Me

1 comment:

Vanessa Richards said...

Oh Nina thank you so much for that wonderful tribute. It brought tears and laughter. I am going to miss you so much!!! But when I get back, we're going to make even more splendid memories ;-)