random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

11.19.2008

Believe it or not... I miss BYU

Yes, it's true, kids. I miss BYU. So bad. It's not even funny. The other day, during sacrament meeting the choir sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and I seriously had to try so hard not to cry. I probably heard that song like 30 times during each of my work shifts at the BYU Bookstore, and I worked there for four years, so you can see why that song reminds me of BYU.



And... it doesn't help that the BYU Dancesport Championships were last weekend and I wasn't there and I didn't compete. And then I kept getting phone calls from Kylie and some other girls going "I wish you were here to do my hair and make-up." Believe me... Me too. I miss the ballroom world.

This is a picture of Christina Houston which I may or may not have stolen from her Facebook album... I used to do her hair. She did amazingly well at this comp.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE living in New York. I love that I have this great opportunity to meet so many great people and experience so many cool things... but sometimes I miss the bubble. But... I know this is where I am supposed to be for now, so all is good.

2 comments:

Merilee said...

I know what you mean. I mean, yeah, I'm still at BYU, but I miss certain stuff. Like learning or doing anything with my life right now.

And I broke up with my boyfriend, so I miss him. I don't know, it hasn't been long, but I am pretty retarded to panic about boys any time I am in a relationship. Seriously.

Enjoy New York, you will get BYU sick, you lived there forever. I saw the Pants 2 movie again yesterday and thought about you baby.

Tiffany said...

I miss it too! When you mentioned missing dancesport I nearly cried because looking at all of my friends pictures lately, it really made me wish I was still a part of it. I'm glad to be done with school, but I really do miss the atmosphere and the fun classes where the homework was what I did for fun (aka dance classes). You look like you've got some amazing stuff going on in your life though! Congrats on being way cool!