random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

9.30.2008

Lights Up on Washington Heights

Well, as a follow-up to the previous post... Here are some pictures from In the Heights to retell our victory!

Kristin and I decided that afternoon that we wanted to enter the lottery, so we went. Of course, Kristin won...and then some other people won... and then, my name was called! Hooray! I hope it is the first of many Broadway victories.



Kristin and I with our Playbills.




We tried to doa jumping shot but sadly the camera was running out of battery, so this is what we got instead...



Ashley is reacting to a lady yelling at us, telling us we can't take pictures inside the theater.



LOVE it!



Since Kristin and I both won two tickets each, we took Anna and Ashley, fellow Broadway enthusiasts



This is the creator of In the Heights. He is also one of the leads in the play.



Ashley and I

The only disappointment:

We got an understudy for Graffiti Pete... Apparently, the real one is supposed to be really good (according to Irasema) because he looks like a good singer...This is of course, based on this picture only:

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh...my...good...grief!!!!!! You are in NEW YORK???!!! How cool is that? You have to fill me in! I want to know everything...what are you doing? Why New York? Do you love it, or what? What did you study at BYU? Where are you living (in NY, of course)...blah, blah, blah. I can't wait to hear. Love the pictures. You look so happy, Alina. I have always wanted to live in NYC--no lie. And there you are, you bum! Email me...TamiFSmith@cox.net. So happy to hear from you...