random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

6.09.2008

Yes, it's true... I am Nacho, the luchador

Well... that title may or may not pertain to topics dicussed in this post.

First and most important: I am officially a New Yorker! I will be staying in the city. I don't know how long, but I hope that I can be here for a couple of years. I will be living 1/2 block west of Central Park on 107th Street between Central Park West and Manhattan Avenue. I love my roommates already, and I got a really great deal! Only $500 for a shared spot!

A short summary of last week's activities:

Monday: Taste of Times Square- Basically a bunch of restaurants set up booths along 46th Street and you get to sample all their food. It does cost money but it is really cheap. Also, on Monday, I went to look at said apartment and met my new roommates.
Tuesday: Job interview with Vidal Partnership and Yankees game (see two posts ago for description).
Wednesday: Carnegie Deli with the girls and BYU Chamber Orchestra concert at Carnegie Hall
Thursday: Dinner with Irasema and Jeff and Little Mermaid with Jeff
Friday: RENT (finally!) and Juniors with Jeff
Saturday: Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island with fellow interns, lunch near Battery Park, South Seaport, and Kung Fu Panda (which is hillarious) with Jeff, Irasema, Jared, Kaitlyn and Allison
Sunday: Church, Chipotle and Pinkberry with Jeff and Jared, You've Got Mail with Jeff, Sharlene, Jared and Eric.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Eric as in "Team Awesome"?

Okay, I obviously don't know much about the cost of housing in New York, but $500 sounds pretty good. Boyd and I paid around that for our apartment when we were first married and that was in Provo. Sounds like you got a good deal my friend. :)

~*Alina*~ said...

Yes. The one and only Team Awesome