random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

2.06.2008

I want to be just like Meg Ryan


When I move to New York, I am going to listen to the Cranberries song "Dreams" everyday on my way to work...just like Meg Ryan does in You've Got Mail as she walks around the Upper West Side. Of course, in the movie, the song is non-diagetic, meaning the characters can't hear the song, but in real life it will be diagetic... and more importantly, it will be AWESOME.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "um Alina, it's background music.... she's not really listening to it." But you've got it figured out. And it WILL be awesome!

Brooklyn said...

I didn't see this movie until my last night in New York.