I am sorry to report that nothing of monumental importance has happened to me lately. I think it is because I may or may not have become somewhat boring. Last week was good, it went by pretty fast. I did get to go up to BYU-Idaho with Karson and Haylie for a career fair. It was fun, except for that whole talking for six hours straight thing and the unbearable cold thing. I don’t understand how anyone can live there. The cold is awful. I also got to see Julia Gulia. That is not really her last name. She was one of my fellow Kauai interns. It was good to catch up on old times and laugh about the incredibly ridiculous world of ballroom dance.
I finally got my ballroom dress… Just in time for Nationals. I love it. The only downside is that every time I touch it, like 10 rhinestones fall off. I spent a large portion of my evening (or the duration of 2.5 Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) reinforcing each rhinestone, and I expect to work on it for at least the duration of Home Alone and Employee of the Month.
Other than that, I went to the ward talent show, changed Steve and Josh’s lives by introducing them to Kneader’s French toast breakfast, changed Amy’s life by taking her to CafĂ© Rio, and went to see two mo
vies.
Other than that, I went to the ward talent show, changed Steve and Josh’s lives by introducing them to Kneader’s French toast breakfast, changed Amy’s life by taking her to CafĂ© Rio, and went to see two mo
vies. One of those was Step Up 2: The Streets… It was actually quite good (the dancing, not the acting). I liked it way better than the first, but I think it probably had to do a lot with the kind of dancing, and also that they danced to “Low” which is constantly stuck in my head… You know- the apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur... the furrr- that song.
I also went to see August Rush again- this time, I only paid a dollar. Yes… I will miss the dollar theater, but I suppose there will be other (and perhaps more entertaining things) in NYC that will make up for my loss.
1 comment:
The dollar theater has been the biggest loss of my life thus far. Boyd and I used to go every Friday, but now we never go to the theater. The cheapest one here is $8.50 a person. Like we're really going to spend that kind of money when we could just wait a few months and order it from Netflix!
Post a Comment