random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

6.01.2009

Dreams come true, biatches.


I'm sorry if you're offended by the title, but if you saw the PBS special In the Heights: Chasing Broadway Dreams, then you know that is a quote that was used in it. 

ANYWAY... I love Broadway, clearly. And one day, I asked myself "Hey, wouldn't be so awesome to go to the TONY awards?" 

And I looked everywhere for tickets than don't cost more than my future first born child/kidney, and seat filling options, and well, came up with nothing. I was truly disappointed. And then the TONY awards thought "hey, wouldn't be so awesome to conveniently place ads for the TONY awards everywhere Alina looks so she can be reminded of how she doesn't have a ticket?" And truly, everywhere I looked was a TONY ad. It's like their ads threw up all over the city. 

Meanwhile, Ashley and I were beating our brains out trying to figure out what to do. And I kept having all these dreams about the TONYs (we all know of course, how I dream almost every night about the weirdest and yet, realistic things). Awesome. The TONYs haunted me even in my sleep. So there was no escape. 

And then I was looking at Twitter and saw that you could enter for a chance to win 2 tickets to the TONYs dress rehearsal. All you had to do was answer some trivia and you would be entered in a raffle. I immediately told Ashley who already knew... She helped me answer my questions and we both crossed our fingers and hoped and hoped and hoped. 

And Ashley won. Which means, Ash and I are attending the TONYs dress rehearsal. It's not the actual show, but I'm not about to start getting picky. As soon as I found out, I did a little dance. In the office. I am not kidding. I have several witnesses who will testify of my obnoxious excessive celebration. 


Ash, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

1 comment:

Chillygator said...

Oh. Man. That will be awesome for you! I'm happy you guys are going!