I haven't had a strong desire to blog lately mostly because the things I have on my mind are things people don't want to hear about... Well, after a long and ugly week (yes, ugly), I got to attend the HAIR performance they did for Good Morning America in Central Park. I am really glad I went... That show lifts my spirits like nothing else can.
This much I tell you for free: Getting up at 4AM was so hard but totally worth it. I crossed the park in my hippie gear and poster and definitely got some strange looks from early morning runners. I met up with Ash, Corey, Kayla, Lane, Marti and Jenny and we waited to be ushered into Rumsey Field. As VIPs, we all had the advantage of getting there later, but still being the ones who got to stand in the front. We had a great time. It was so cool to see Diane Paulus (the director of HAIR) doing her job. I want her job. Sound checks were awesome because the entire audience started singing along to Aquarius and were strangely in tune...
The performance was amazing, of course. SO much energy. They performed a medley of HAIR and The Flesh Failures (AKA Let the Sun Shine In), Aquarius and they did a tribute to Michael Jackson. They sang "I'll be There" and it was quite a beautiful sight. The rain held off until the last song when Gav sang "I Got Life." Sometimes I forget what an amazing singer he is.



Michael Jackson Tribute. Sasha Allen leads the tribe. Beautiful. I want that blue shirt that kid is wearing.
HAIR and Let the Sun Shine In
I Got Life. Not Televised. He's a rockstar.
Aquarius (I can't find a good version on YouTube so follow the link)
1 comment:
I saw that on tv and wondered if you were there.
Post a Comment