random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

5.18.2009

Golden living dreams of visions

I am super tired and I do not want to go to bed. I am still so illusioned by today. I was at a Marriage Equality rally that will go down in the books. And, it's not about right/wrong/religion/or not. It's about basic human rights. And I believe in human rights and the right for all to be happy. As much as I believe in the Church. It's that simple. The end. Save your negative comments. I don't want them.

Then, I came home and got all jazzed up for the Drama Desk Awards, where I was forced to go down to the depths of some high school halls (read: a place I never want to go back to) and seated in the orchestra (read: 3rd row). I had a fabulous night. Sat in front of Megan Hilty, Stephanie J. Block and Allison Janney (who totally won an award). Saw Stockard Channing, Jane Fonda, Angela Lansburry and Liza Minelli. LIZA freakin MINELLI, guys! She is a legend, and I stood 3 feet away from her. HAIR won best revival...which was a given from day one. Billy Elliot rocked it and took away at least 6 Drama Desk Awards.

I had one of those "Is this really my life?" moments, and I am happy that the answer is yes. Also highlights of my day: Christopher Sieber conversation... what a nice, nice man. And Cheyenne Jackson. I don't think I need to explain why that is exciting. Seeing Gavin and Jenny jumping for joy that the rally was a success and seeing Scotty who gives the best hugs in the world.

I have pictures but I will post them later when I am not so tired and I am no longer squinting in order to read the screen.

Peace and love, friends. Spread it. Make the world a brighter place.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Nina,

I love that you went to this. If Utah only did cool stuff of this magnitude!! I love that you live up the big city.

Heidi