random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

4.23.2008

A Surprising Farewell


With the nearing of my New York departure date and my inability to shut up about it, my friends thought it would be a good idea to throw me a surprise going away party. I am all for parties, and I am not usually surprised, so the fact that they pulled this off was great. I think it probably started with Betsy… She is really thoughtful that way. I’m guessing that she got Kylie and Vanessa involved in the planning process.

Anyway, last week, I was walking past Karson’s desk and he asked if I had any plans for Saturday because he and Betsy wanted to take me out for dinner. I said that I did not have any plans and agreed to go… On Saturday morning, Karson called to confirm dinner plans and he said that we would be going to a restaurant in Springville, which I thought was kind of fishy, but whatevs. I am not one to question people who are not chronic liars. Karson said he had to teach a lesson but would come pick me up at 7:45 P.M. So, at 7:45 or so, I detached myself from the movie I was watching (the new King Kong--- which is a perfect film if you have ADD) and got in the car to go “pick up Betsy.”

When we got to the house, Karson said he was going upstairs to change and that I could go in the kitchen and talk to Betsy… When I walked into the kitchen, all my friends (mostly ballroom friends) jumped out from behind the counter… so I was surprised… Those little sneeks! They sent out private invitations on Facebook with a REALLY embarrassing picture, so I never saw it coming.

Karson and Betsy had some really yummy food there for us, and because the weather was a little less temperamental, we were able to use the BBQ! A big shout out and thank you to:

Betsy and Karson Denney (or Betson, or Karsy… haha)
Kylie “How did I look” Falke
Vanessa “I just want some ice cream” Richards
Brett “I just want to do a high kick” Smith
Sally Boyle
AnneMarie Hyer
Christina Houston
Summerisa Bell
Ana Maria Roundy
Ryan Richards
Jaron McDonnel
Krista Mangan
Dave Mansfield
Natalie Wakefield
Heidi Stevenson

The Three Amigas

Sometimes we like to pick up Sally

Natalie will be joining me in the Big Apple in late June

The whole gang...


The horse plate that I received from one of my vendors from Thailand also made its debut! So you see, it was a good gift… Very useful, clearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I TOTALLY know what you mean about the new King Kong. What a messed up show! If they had kept it to King Kong instead of making a big to-do about the dinosaurs and giant bugs and so forth, it would have made for a much better flick.

When exactly do you leave for NY? I love the picture you put up on the right of your blog. Beautiful city!

esther said...

I hope you have a great experience in NY and don't work to hard, have some fun too.