random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

1.21.2008

Ridiculous...

Coming to work is completely ridiculous when:


A. It is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and everyone except for Del Sol seems to be recognizing that (well, and some other businesses are open today too).


B. There are blizzard-like conditions at this very moment... I am pretty sure I left my house at 7:30 A.M. and didn't get to work until like 9:45 A.M. A drive that normally takes 45 minutes took us forever. Keep in mind that traffic was a lot lighter on account of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It took us 1 hour to get from Point of the Mountain to 12300 So. By that point, Kyra and I decided that maybe it would be easier to get off then and take the frontage road to the next exit... Plus, we really wanted a breakfast sandwich and were hoping to run into some kind of breakfast-selling restaurant. Anyway, this proved to be a very bad idea as a lot of other people had the same idea and we had to drive through un-plowed roads, and we didn't get our breakfast sandwiches!


I feel like I should be playing out on the snow instead of typing away, but I do this only because I love you all! :) I tried to find good pictures, but this is the only one I could find. Keep in mind that this is, in fact, a highway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to think of you in all of that snow when here it's pretty much fall-like weather. Good luck with the driving!

P.S. Boyd had to go to work too if that makes you feel any better.