random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

1.08.2008

The Holiday (sans Jude Law and Co.)

So, I was finally able to coordinate the following:

1. Be home at the same time as Chad
2. Borrow his computer without cutting into his homework time
3. Have charged batteries

All three things were necessary in order to provide you with photographic evidence of my lovely holiday in Florida...

Well, I got there on the 18th and was able to spend a ridiculous amount of time with my sister and my mom. It was fun to be in hot weather when I knew out west everyone was having a White Christmas, and more importantly, it was good to be back at my squeaky clean house. I basically did nothing but read and relax poolside.
Christmas is always small, but meaningful, for us. We had a delicious Christmas Eve dinner and waited up until midnight to open presents. My mom and sister wanted to open them at 10, but I put my foot down in the name of tradition. On Christmas Day, we resurrected another family tradition by going to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Needless to say, I laughed hysterically.
I also got to go meet my brother's wife, Jessica. They are expecting a baby in March and we drove up to Tampa for the baby shower. On the way back from Tampa, we stopped at Sanibel Island on the Gulf Coast. This must be one of Florida's best kept secrets because I had never even heard of it before. Anyway, we spent the weekend there and drove back home in time for New Year's Eve. I spent my last four days doing absolutely nothing. It was lovely.



Playing on the beach, about 2.5 seconds before a huge wave splashed me.












Sanibel Island sunset, the main reason why I love the Gulf Coast.














Jessica showing off her cake...













My family...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I lived with you for a semester and never knew you had a brother. What gives?