About: Two friends make good on a childhood promise to hike the Appalachian Trail from beginning to end. Over the six month, 2000 mile journey, past and present intertwine as the two face both the elements and the ghosts that haunt their memories. As they sift through the ashes of their tumultuous history, a bond of brotherhood struggles to be reborn.
Cast: Vanessa Ray (TONY winning revival or HAIR, Damages, As The World Turns), Nick Dalton (Hairspray Las Vegas, Legally Blonde Tour), Matt Lutz (Trails LA, A Walk to Remember, Bringing Down the House), Hollis Scarborough (Hairspray Las Vegas, Across the Universe), Kate Kearney-Patch (Law Abiding Citizen, The Sixth Sense) and David Atkinson (Trails LA, Heroes, Christmas with the Kranks).
Nick as Mike and Hollis as Faith
Crew: Directed by the fabulous Jen Bender (artistic director of Broadway in South Africa). Co-produced by Sami Saltzman, Rob Intile, Ashley Mas and ME. (plus 2 others I'd rather not talk about...)
The lovely Kate Kearney-Patch as Grandma Harley
Stories in the Sky- Performed by Matt Lutz (center), Autumn Hurlbert and Zachery Prince. Matt was in our NYMF cast as Seth.
The fabulous Hollis Scarborough at NYMF Open Mic Night at New World Stages. She was still learning the song, so she jumps around a bit but her performance is stellar.
Why I love it: The theme of forgiveness is present throughout the whole show... forgiveness and healing. Learning to let go. Love. Friendship. Honesty.
Vanessa and Matt
Most unforgettable moment: The Saturday before our show opened at NYMF, we ran the entire show (without sets or costumes) and when Nick, Matt and Vanessa sang Stories in The Sky, it got me.... like A LOT. I got the lyrics, I got the meaning and since they were standing right in front of me, I could see how the beautiful lyrics affected them. The feeling in that room was electric. Even though we were in a tiny studio, I felt as though their words shot right out of the room and echoed far.
All good things must come in 3...
Greatest challenge: Thinking of ways to market the show... I got really good ones! I made our boys attend a Gay Men's Networking Event to promote our show there. Apparently, they had no clue it was a gay men's social. I sent them an email... Perhaps they should have read it :) Our lovely Hollis sang at the NYMF Open Mic Night (see video above). The fabulous Vanessa Ray sang Miles of Time on Sirius XM Radio on Seth Rudetsky's radio show...
David Atkinson is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met...
V Ray was a rockstar and learned this song in ONE day to have it ready for the Seth Rudetsky broadcast
Cast (minus Vanessa Ray) of Trails
AWARDS
Best of Fest Audience Choice: Runner-up
Excellence in Writing (Music): Jeff Thomson, winner
Excellence in Writing (lyrics): Jordan Mann, runner-up
The Stage Entertainment USA Development Award
Small things count for more at journey's end...











No comments:
Post a Comment