Well, as many of you may know... I am now a busy working New Yorker.
I got hired on at The Bravo Group as an executive assistant/assistant account executive. The Bravo Group specializes in Hispanic advertising and has really made a name for itself in the advertising community. Some of their clients include: Kraft (Oreo’s, Chips Ahoy, Mac & Cheese, Honey Bunches of Oat), Elipse and Orbit gum, Sears, Kodak and Wyeth (Advil, Robitussin, Dimetapp, etc.).
I feel lucky to have found a job so soon after my internship ended. He Who Shall Not Be Named in this blog says I got lucky, because he thought I would be jobless for at least two months… so I said this is like the time in Gilmore Girls when Rory got a job because her grandma knew some lady that worked for the D.A.R and then she had to organize this amazing 1940s Charity Function… Except for He Who Shall Not Be Named in This Blog says it’s not like that at all, and would I please go away. I think he’s only mad because he thinks he is always right, but not lately. It is EXACTLY like when Rory got that job.
Anyway, the job is enjoyable thus far. I get to use a MAC (yes!) instead of a PC. I get to plan meetings and parties, book travel (double yes!) and work on various accounts.
And, for all you doubters who didn’t think my New York dream would happen… I have news for you: IT JUST DID!
I got hired on at The Bravo Group as an executive assistant/assistant account executive. The Bravo Group specializes in Hispanic advertising and has really made a name for itself in the advertising community. Some of their clients include: Kraft (Oreo’s, Chips Ahoy, Mac & Cheese, Honey Bunches of Oat), Elipse and Orbit gum, Sears, Kodak and Wyeth (Advil, Robitussin, Dimetapp, etc.).
I feel lucky to have found a job so soon after my internship ended. He Who Shall Not Be Named in this blog says I got lucky, because he thought I would be jobless for at least two months… so I said this is like the time in Gilmore Girls when Rory got a job because her grandma knew some lady that worked for the D.A.R and then she had to organize this amazing 1940s Charity Function… Except for He Who Shall Not Be Named in This Blog says it’s not like that at all, and would I please go away. I think he’s only mad because he thinks he is always right, but not lately. It is EXACTLY like when Rory got that job.
Anyway, the job is enjoyable thus far. I get to use a MAC (yes!) instead of a PC. I get to plan meetings and parties, book travel (double yes!) and work on various accounts.
And, for all you doubters who didn’t think my New York dream would happen… I have news for you: IT JUST DID!
And, my office is on the corner of Madison Avenue and 40th Street... right down the block from Bryant Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment