random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

5.07.2008

Serendipity

So.. Serendipity (the movie with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale) is easily in my Top 5 Favorite movies list. Last Friday, I got to go to the cafe where they shot some of the scenes. Serendipity is famous for great ice cream desserts and sandwiches. I had seen a TV Show on the Travel channel about it and knew I HAD to get the frozen hot chocolate... it was SO good. Here are some pics:
The movie!
Here we are! After a VERY long walk, we finally made it!

Rachel, Sharlene and me with our Serendipity menus!

This, my dears, is what a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity looks like.

This is the Golden Oppulence Sundae. It costs $1000 and you have to order it 48 hours in advance. It is served on a gold plate, with a gold spoon and a really fancy crystal goblet. It has EDIBLE gold sheets in it, really expensive vanilla ice cream (which is topped with these really rare vanilla beans), really fancy chocolate fudge and caramelized fruit, a gold flower (that you can also eat) and topped with passion fruit caviar. Talk about indulgences...

2 comments:

Amelia Brailsford said...

Yummy!! I got the peanut butter frozen hot chocolate when I was there in February and it was to die for. I want to come visit. Maybe Vanessa and I can come for a weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that Golden Oppulene Sundae is quite the frozen treat. Who would ever pay that much for ice cream? And who would ever want to eat gold? How odd.

That's so awesome that you're getting to see all of these famous places! I'm so glad you're a good picture taker/ documenter. Keep it up. I'm living vicariously through you.