random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

6.06.2012

God Save the Queen!

The Diamond Jubilee was truly one of the most unique things I've ever experienced. Diamond Jubilees rarely happen. Queen Elizabeth is only the second royal to make it to her Diamond Jubilee (with Queen Victoria being the first). The British really love their Queen, and endured hours on foot and in rain to catch just a glimpse of the Royal Family.

We didn't have a great view for The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant, but it was still exciting. We enjoyed the concert from the comfort of our couch, but I had quite a bit of luck on the last day.

We're short. Thanks to our Michael friend for this shot.



The Royal Barge. The Queen in white, Camilla in tan, Princess Kate in red (ask me if I care that she's not a princess. I don't. Princess Kate!), Will in blue... the others sort of get lost in the picture.


So proud of him. This is the one time he has been embarrassing in public.


The Queen on her way to Saint Paul's Cathedral

The sentries setting up for the promenade
Prince Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall and the Queen

Harry, Will and Kate

Yay. This is me basically running to the gates and taking pictures as I go.


Thrilled to be so close!


Beat all these fools. NEW YORKER!

I LOVE THIS. 

The grand finale of the Jubilee.


One more of the Royal Family!

The Mall post everything.

4 comments:

kate. said...

I love this. way to be a New Yorker.

Chelsea said...

This is so cool. I love how adventurous you are!
And I love your lipstick color.

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

Love this what an awesome time to be in London to experience this and yes Kate is so a princess!

Racheal Jade said...

Can we discuss that M chose the most crowded place we've ever been to make his embarrassing debut? "WTF LOL OMG"