random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

12.11.2011

{A Night with the Phantom}

Michelle, Devin and I absolutely love Ramin Karimloo.

I will declare here and now that I am responsible for that. 
Ever since I saw him perform in the 25th Anniversary Les Mis concert as Enjolras,
 I have been all about his fantastic voice. That was a weird sentence...

Anyway, about a month ago, the girls and I took a trip to Birmingham to see him perform live. 
It was a lot of fun to do a girls getaway. We headed into town and ate lunch at Nando's (my favorite), watched The Help (and scored two complimentary movie tickets since the sound cut out and we were not able to finish our movie), ate Indian food and went to the show.



Ramin Karimloo. What a man. I have to say he is at the very top of my favorite male vocalist list. 
He shared a fantastic selection of songs from Sunset Boulevard, Carousel, South Pacific, Les Miserables (which we got to sing along to), Phantom, and the Phantom sequel "Love Never Dies."




After the show, we got to chat with the man himself. What a cool guy! I was so impressed with his ability to not only patiently speak to every single person who waited for him, but also his individual attention to those people.










After the concert, we were a bit wiped out but not enough to go back to our hotel. We ended up at a casino where we proceeded to order hot chocolate and hang out by a fire pit. Random? Yes. Awesome? DEFINITELY.


The next day, the girls and I had lunch and then returned to the movies to see Ides of March starring the very handsome Ryan Gosling.

All in all, it was a great trip. I love seeing Ramin live and I am thrilled that he has now joined the London cast of Les Miserables as Jean Valjean.

Here are some videos I found on YouTube... We're sitting just behind him on the choir balcony.




It's hard to see his beautiful face, but his voice is FANTASTIC. 



No comments: