random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

12.21.2011

Elise visits London Town

You know what's AWESOME? When friends visit in London.

Elise McKenna paid me a little visit in London just in time for Thanksgiving! 

We had a lot of fun exploring London. 

Arriving in Central London and she found this! 

 Delicious brunch at the Sherlock Holmes pub. 
This is a replica of one of the rooms inside the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

Crossing the Millennium Bridge 

On our way to the Tate Modern

Installation piece at the Tate Modern. The strips displayed cliche sayings on a loop and we must have sat there for at least 15 minutes reading them all.

Yay! Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland

 Just hanging at Winter Wonderland


At Sommerset House, which is literally right next to my school

Thanksgiving dinner. Two of my favorite people.

ALFIE! We've been waiting a year to see this amazing man 
perform the role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables.

What a great man.

Trying on crazy hats at Piccadilly Circus.

Obligatory tourist photo

I really like my friends. Rach and Elise became fast friends. On the train to Windsor!

At Windsor Castle! I am the proud owner of a Windsor Castle season pass. 
I will literally go there EVERY week. :)

The girls excited about visiting the place of the educational beginnings of many great men,
 i.e., Eddie Redmayne and Prince William

Because sometimes being delirious wins over logic or socially acceptable behaviour.




The pastry table at Portobello Market is ridiculous. I mean... how do you even choose???


So happy to finally visit!

At the Greenwich visitor's center. We all did this. 

Amazing hall in Greenwich. Absolutely beautiful painted ceiling. There is a lot of symbology and history painted into that ceiling. I loved just starring at it.

 We're on the prime meridian!
 Well, technically Elise is in one hemisphere, I'm in the other and Michael is in both.

Mandatory trip to Harrod's and more specifically the Harry Potter Shop.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

On our way to church, we passed the Natural History Museum

Dress up at the Victoria and Albert Museum! 
They had a theatre costume and set exhibit which resulted in this.

 My love Jonathan. Here he is looking quite dapper.


Got a comment? I LOVE them! So leave one right here!
xoxo,
A

No comments: