A few weeks ago, my friend Michael put together a trip to Cornwall which was lovely.
New friends Sophie and Claire came too.We rented a car and headed on out to the English countryside.
As we all know, I have a serious problem with staying awake in cars, and in general, but especially in cars. I didn't on this trip!
There was so much to see, and the contryside was absolutely beautiful. It felt so good to breathe fresh air and to feel like I had space all around me.
(I love my concrete jungle, I do, but this was a needed break).
We headed down to Perranarworthal where Michael's ancestors are from and explored this little graveyard next to this really tiny, beautiful church.
There was a lady there who let us go inside the church and take a look.
Aftwerwards, I drove for a bit. I didn't kill anyone, but I had a hard time staying to the right of the lane. Then I happily handed the car back over to Michael.
On our way to Penzance, we took a wrong turn and ended up at Keynance which is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
We went down to the beach and climbed along the cliffs.
I cannot really explain the amount of joy in my life at that moment. The photos don't do it justice.
After a day of driving, we finally made it to Penzance and had the most delicious dinner at one of the oldest pubs in Penzance.
We stayed in the local hostel which was actually one of the nicest I have seen.
The next morning, we headed out to Mount St. Michael. It was ABSOLUTELY amazing. When the tide is low, you can walk out on the causeway all the way to the castle. I wish it had been open, but we were still able to walk around the island a bit before the tide came in.
On our drive back to London, Michael proposed that we go to Stonehenge, and so we did. It was fantastic. We were able to visit the burial mounds and to see Stonehenge from a distance (by the time we arrived, it had closed).
I loved every part of that weekend, and cannot wait to go on other trips and see what else England has to offer.





No comments:
Post a Comment