Guess who has to be moved out by Thursday?
Guess who keeps getting majorly distracted with Pinterest, LOST and Angry Birds while packing?
This girl!
I'm so sick of packing but happy to be weeding down my stuff to the essentials. Lots will go to Goodwill and the like, most will be sent home to Florida.
A blurry mess.
I'll be traveling to London with four suitcases. THAT IS IT. I don't know how missionaries manage to live out of only two. That sounds like my idea of a very bad idea. I need just one suitcase for all my coats! Another one for all my Louboutins. Wait....
Everything has felt surreal because most of it was happening on paper. Now that I am taking steps to go, it has started to feel more like a reality. I am nervous excited, but mostly excited. I think this will be such an amazing time for me and I am so ready to go and put every last ounce of effort into my master's.
Aside from packing, I've been taking some time to go see more of my favorite NYC sights and do some of my favorite NYC activities.
One of my favorite Central Park spots... provides a lovely view of Essex House
Beautiful St. Patrick's Cathedral. My work errands often take me that way.
First off: Royal Shakespeare Company's Romeo and Juliet. Brother and Sister Peterson gave me a ticket and I was so blessed to go! Tickets were nearly impossible to get, and not only did I have one... I had one in the second row, center... valued at $200! My jaw dropped in the first 2 minutes or so and it stayed that way for the rest of the performance. It was absolutely the most professional piece I have ever seen. The quality of the acting and artistic direction was fantastic and I look forward to seeing RSC in London!
RSC's Romeo and Juliet at the Park Avenue Armory
The theater space was built inside the Armory building as a full-scale
replica of The Royal Shakespeare Theatre in England.
Last Friday, we hit up the MoMA for the Free Friday admission. It's always amazing to me to see what is considered art and it inspires me to continue creating work. It was fun to visit the MoMA with someone who is not as fluent in the visual arts because I get to see how they experience a specific work for the first time. Luke did have some very funny reactions to some of the pieces, but also appreciated the more classical art.
Installation piece at the MoMA. Multi-colored projected slides.
On Friday we went down to South Street Seaport. I know there is not much there, but for some reason I really love going down there. We had dinner at Johnny Rockets (which is so not my fave, but whatevs) and then got caught in a monsoon.
View from the deck of the South Street Seaport. Love the view of
the Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge and Queensboro (?) Bridge.







No comments:
Post a Comment