Tonight I got to attend the first night of previews for HAIR. It was an interesting experience because:
A. I knew NOTHING about it except for "Let the Sunshine In"
B. I won the first lottery ever (thanks to G's good karma)
C. I knew someone in the cast
This much I will tell you for free: It is an amazing, energy packed show and there is so much talent... It's so weird to know Gavin outside theater and then to see him belt out songs on stage and command attention like that... Well, I was speechless. That man can sing. One of my favorite things about it is that the cast interacts with the audience a lot. It keeps things interesting when they are parading up and down the aisles...
Gavin, if you're reading this, you're amazing and I love you! I'm glad you liked your teal, tacky flowers.
To my fellow Mormons: Consider yourselves warned. This show is SUPER scandalous and it is not one to bring your conservative mom/dad/mission president to...or children... WHY, why, why would people bring their kids to that show? I don't get it.
ANYWAY.... I am sure they all got fabulous reviews. I can't wait to read what they are saying about Gavin, Will Swenson and the rest of the cast. They were fantastic.
Pages
random
(27)
Broadway
(26)
London
(16)
beautiful things
(15)
family
(14)
travel
(14)
Friends
(13)
NYC
(13)
producing
(9)
Christmas
(6)
Europe
(6)
Paris
(6)
BYU
(5)
Florida
(5)
Thanksgiving
(5)
theater
(5)
Apartment
(4)
Birthday
(4)
Movies
(4)
New York
(4)
RENT
(4)
Twilight
(4)
life
(4)
music
(4)
Baby
(3)
Ballroom
(2)
Broadway Impact
(2)
Exciting stuff
(2)
Pretty Things
(2)
Tags
(2)
art
(2)
concerts
(2)
dance
(2)
decor
(2)
equality
(2)
free stuff
(2)
marriage equality
(2)
mom
(2)
tv
(2)
Amalia
(1)
BYU Football
(1)
Fun Stuff
(1)
Halloween
(1)
Literature
(1)
Louvre
(1)
Munchkin
(1)
Oscars
(1)
Things I like
(1)
Utah
(1)
Versailles
(1)
politics
(1)
recipes
(1)
3 comments:
I want to see it! I love that you won the lottery! good karma...will you go again?
YES.
The guy from singles ward is in Hair? Wow, he must be trying to get away from that image. Just like Kirby did with his beer commercial.
Post a Comment