Recently, I have been able to work with a Broadway charity organization called Broadway Impact. It's an organization that fights for equality and teaches people how to become politically involved. It's a great organization and since I am not really a politically-minded person, I have been learning a ton. Thank goodness I met Gavin Creel or I never would have heard about this awesome cause...
Anyway, BI made an appearance at the Defying Inequality benefit concert that was held at the Gershwin Theater last Monday. Anna, Ashley and I got to attend the concert and helped to collect letters written to New York Senate Majority Leader Malcolm Smith, which thanked him for his support of equality.
The concert was amazing but reeeeaaally long. It was 4 hours long with only one 10 minute intermission. There were a lot of people there who are kind of a big deal. It was interesting to see the Wicked sets being used for things other than Wicked. I think my favorite part of the night was Gavin and the cast of Hair singing "Let the Sunshine In" but I may be biased. A close second to Billy Elliot's cast. They sang "Electricity."
Anyway, BI made an appearance at the Defying Inequality benefit concert that was held at the Gershwin Theater last Monday. Anna, Ashley and I got to attend the concert and helped to collect letters written to New York Senate Majority Leader Malcolm Smith, which thanked him for his support of equality.
The concert was amazing but reeeeaaally long. It was 4 hours long with only one 10 minute intermission. There were a lot of people there who are kind of a big deal. It was interesting to see the Wicked sets being used for things other than Wicked. I think my favorite part of the night was Gavin and the cast of Hair singing "Let the Sunshine In" but I may be biased. A close second to Billy Elliot's cast. They sang "Electricity."

The fabulous Cindy Lauper.
LET THE SUNSHINE IN!
Gavin (center, in white) doing what he does best... working the crowd at the Gershwin. This is the entire cast of the Hair revival... Also, notice Will Swenson right next to Gavin looking particularly hippie-ish. You may know him from excellent films such asSingles Ward and Sons of Provo.
Here's a video of it:


No comments:
Post a Comment