random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

10.27.2008

Hello, ballroom. Welcome back to my life.

Anna gets about 1,000,000 cool points for this.

Somehow Anna got two free tickets to this show called "A tribute to Broadway and Dance" and took me as her guest.

Well, imagine my surprise when I got there and saw Melanie LaPatin. It turns out the event was a ballroom student showcase for Melanie's studio with special guests (such as Pros, Amateurs and previous "So You think You Can Dance" contestants.

It was fun to see what the students were learning and gave me the encouragement I need to go find a good dance cool in the city. But, even better, I got to see Sabra and Neil Haskell perform... and it is not secret that I REALLY love Neil. He is an amazing dancer and I may or may not have voted for him A LOT last year for SYTYCD.




But, the highlight was when Eugene Katsevman and Maria Manusova came out (which I totally didn't even know they would be there). I got to see them dance Paso Doble, Rumba, Jive ad Cha Cha (not sure why they left out samba).





It's so good to be reminded of how much I love ballroom dance and why I started doing it in the first place.

2 comments:

Katya said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! It's been so long since I've seen Eugene and Maria dance...like since the last time they came to nationals forever ago...

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Kylie :)