random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

10.16.2008

The latest

As you can see, the blog got a face lift! I hate changing my blog background because if you use Pyzam, you lose all your links, which means you have to start entirely from scratch. And... sometimes, Cutest Blog on the Block is a little too MoMo for the likes of me... and they had all these free Halloween-type backgrounds... but then I remembered that I actually reeeeally hate Halloween. So, buried between all the Halloween and baseball and leaf/ribbon/ugly flower templates, I found this little gem.


All right... enough about that. Let's talk about ME!


So, here are some happenings worthy of mention:


* I received my BYU Diploma! I was so excited I asked some random girl at the airport to take my picture. I was en route to Miami when I got it!



* I got a "promotion" at work... and it is between quotation marks because it isn't official yet. I am now part of the creative team at The Bravo Group. I will be a traffic coordinator, meaning that I will be focusing on taking every piece of creative advertising from start to finish. As a part of my training for this new position, my company flew me out to Miami, and I got to stay with my AWESOME family.

* While in Florida, I got a rental car- a Chevy HHR... It is the sort of car that you would NEVER buy, but it is okay to rent it... It kind of looks like a hearse, I am not going to lie... But, I certainly enjoyed driving for a change...




Also, while being at home, I was pretty much laughing the whole time. My mom is the funniest person ever. No battle. Here are a few examples:

* Calls me on Wednesday around 6:30PM and wants to know why I am not home yet. She said "get home NOW...You are going to miss Project Runway." And... my mom absolutely LOATHES Kenley, so it was funny to watch alongside her commentary.




* When I got home, she asked me to take out the trash, so I did...and then as soon as I walked back inside, she wanted me to come look at something she had bought. When i told her to wait because I needed to wash my hands, she replied "Our trash is clean."


Another highlight was going to see my brother's family in Fort Myers. It was good to spend time with my little (or maybe not so little) sister, Amalia (who will soon be 23) on the drive up. We got to spend two days with my brother, his wife and THE BABY.







Is he not so cute? I am so happy I got to see him again.

1 comment:

Irasema said...

I know this is a little late, but congrats on your promotion. That's great! You are well on the road to that corner office.