I LOVED Prague. It was absolutely freezing. It was probably the worst weather that I've experienced (probably EVER). It wasn't raining or snowing, it was just bitterly cold. I am sure we looked foolish sporting as many as 5 layers, leg warmers over our jeans, gloves, hats, scarves of all kinds...
We were there January 31-February 3 and spent all of our time right in the heart of Prague. We stayed at this gorgeous hotel called Hotel Caesar Palace. It did not house a casino, as one might think... It was very centrally located, and provided walking access to all the major tourist spots that my sweet friend Emron had highlighted for us (Emron served his mission in Prague and shared his Google Prague map and insider knowledge).
We spent a lot of time walking around, looking inside shops, feasting on both Czech and 'American' food, picking out glass beads for our moms and admiring the architecture. Prague is the first city I have visited that was EXACTLY what I thought it would be. It was charming.
Here is a little preview of the trip. Racheal, who is the better photographer, has more photos that I will share later, but these are a start...
view from our hotel window
view from the Jirasek Bridge. On the first day, I took an early morning walk through the city.
I loved the colors! I especially appreciate that green building.
View from Old Town Square
At the Astronomical Clock in Old Town Square
View from the clock tower. One of my favorite things about Prague is the red rooftops.
View of the square from the top of the tower. Glorious.
The other side! :)
View atop the Petrin Tower. It resembled a baby Eiffel Tower.
We climbed to the top and were handsomely rewarded!
A compilation of our adventures. The bottom three were taken on the way down from the Prague Castle.
As mentioned, Rach has the better pictures... ones that actually include me in them! I will post as soon as I can get them.





1 comment:
So you blog stalking Kate led me to blog stalk yours. Fabulous. How fun. Glad to have found it.
Post a Comment