random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

7.08.2011

things to not do...

Do NOT, under any circumstances make 2 HUGE bowls of salsa with
obsecene amounts of fresh squeezed lime juice and then go out in the sun for hours on end.

Even though I thoroughly washed my hands, and did a ton of dishes,
the lemon juice and acid from the peel still remained.

Fast forward 24 hours when I noticed a very large red mark on my left hand, and one on my right thumb.

Fast forward another 12 to throbbing pain and blistering, brusied skin.

On Tuesday, I visited the dermatologist who diagonsed it as phytophotodermatitis...
A reaction or lime juice and UV rays. In other words... an acid burn. JOY.

My hands looks AWFUL, and they just keep getting worse.
I'm noticing more burn spots every day.

See for yourself!

Day 1: when I thought it was just hives

Day 3: CLearly not hives

Right thumb... An entirely different color than the rest of my hand

 healing.

No comments: