random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

7.19.2011

sights of the city I LOVE

It's pretty hard to believe that in two month's time, I'll be across the Atlantic living in beautiful London.

But it's happening, and it is real. Today, I told my boss I will be leaving my job in mid-September. I will truly miss working for Mrs. B. She is a good boss and a caring person, and I hope she'll be someone I always will be in contact with.

I've realized that now that I am leaving, I'm starting to notice all the things I will miss about this amazing city. Over the coming weeks, I'll post pictures of my favorite spots....

Here is the first.


On days when I actually drag myself down 5th Avenue to catch the NQR train
 that takes me to the gym, I  pass this little plaza.

Look south from this spot, and you will see Bergdorf Goodman and Tiffany  Co.

Look southwest where the gorgeous Plaza Hotel towers above a fountain. Most days, the hotel flies an Eloise at the Plaza flag that somehow makes me smile every time.


Look to the north and you will see the entrance for Central Park. Wollman Rink and one of the most beautiful lakes in Central Park are just a few steps in.

Look east to the masses going in and out of F.A.O. Swcharz and the Apple Store.

Somehow this little corner symbolizes so much of what New York means to me. There is not a single day that I don't wish I had more time to just sit in this little plaza and watch the people  go by.


No comments: