I love Carner and Gregor (aka Sam and Derek) music. I do. A few months ago, I attended one of their "Barely Legal" concerts and we approached them about producing opportunities. Good thing I listen to no one because everyone told me they wouldn't be interested. After a few meetings we decided to collaborate on their Take Back The Stage series. TBTS features performers who are still working their way up to their big break. Sam and Derek cast the show beautifully with people they'd been wanting to work with.
I LOVED working on this project. Ashley, Rob and I really love their music and loved being so involved from start to finish.
The show took place at The Underground Lounge on December 9th. Our TBTS cast rocked the house in front of a sold out crowd. Thanks to those of you who were there to support me (as a producer) and our amazing performers as they keep going with hopes to someday do the same thing on a Broadway stage. Here are a few videos of my favorite songs...
Courtney Merrell sings "Sing But Don't Tell
Nick Gaswirth sings "After Hours"
Katelyn Ann Mullen sings "So Far From Pennsylvania"
No comments:
Post a Comment