random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

6.07.2010

I wanna be a producer...Lunch at Sardi's every day

It's funny how things fall into your lap right when you most need them to... My friends, I am working as a producer for two plays that will run in two of New York's best known theater festivals. I am really excited to take on these projects and be able to work on what I love most.

My producing partner and I are working on Merrily, Merrily, Merrily (Midtown Theater Festival) and How My Mother Died of Cancer and Other Bedtime Stories (New York International Fringe Festival). We're excited and also very nervous... As producers, our job is to raise the funds necessary to put on a production and funding these two shows is a learning process for us.

The good thing about our shows is that both contain messages that resonate well with people and we're confident that the theater crowd will take a liking to our productions.

Some of you may get a letter from me soon... so look out for that!

In the mean time, I'll keep working my way to the Great White Way...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats, Madame Producer. This is wonderful news. I'd love to chat about it sometime soon. We should catch a show. - Jill

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

That sounds like a blast!!! I just was catching up on your posts! I have always wanted to go to London!! But here is something exciting: they have Ben's Cookies in Utah!!! They used to have two of them, but now they only have one and seriously, they are the BEST COOKIES EVER!!!!