I think it all started with Kaisha and I going to Good Morning America on August 2nd. I receive regular e-mails from the RENT events people detailing all RENT-related events that happen in the city...
Kaisha and I waiting for the sound checks to begin...
So far, I've been to a free performance at Bloomingdale's and GMA. Anyway, we got to Bryant Park, and while we waited, two people came out to do a sound check. As I was looking at them, I noticed that one of them sure looked like Anthony Rapp...and IT WAS. And who was right next to him? Adam Pascal. And what did they sing??? What You Own... The best RENT song that both Roger and Mark sing. And I realize only a handful of you would even care...but it was a big deal for Kaisha and I.
"Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp singing 'What You Own'"
Me and Jay Wilkinson at the Bloomingdale's. He is the current Roger Davis standby, and he also plays Gordon.
That night came Breaking Dawn. I went to the insane midnight release party at the Borders at Penn Station. I thought that for sure, I would be immediately hooked and would not be able to do anything else... but instead, I decided to go see a show the next day, so I jumped on the subway without a clue as to which show I would see...
I remembered that Anthony Rapp was in "Some Americans Abroad." I got a ticket and ran throug Times Square (in the rain....AGAIN!)... But... It was totally worth it because I got to meet Anthony after the show...and he is just so nice.
Me with Anthony Rapp... For those who have NO idea who he is... He played Mark Cohen in Rent (New York Theatre Workshop and originated role on Broadway). He was also in The Adventures of Babysitting, Twister, A Beautiful Mind...to name a few.
It took me a week to read the book, which is NOT normal. I am usually done in 2 days max.
The following Thursday, Kristin and I decided to try our luck at the Wicked lottery...and Krsitin won! So we got to see it that night. I just LOVE that show. I don't think I will ever get sick of it.
"Kristin and I celebrating our WICKED victory"
The following Saturday, Elise, Jared, Jeff, Aubrey and I all went to Six Flags in New Jersey. I had so much fun! I can't believe how much fun we all had that day.
This is the only picture I got of that day... We got soaked on this ride, but me more than anyone else :(
The following Thursday, I flew out to Utah for my second graduation. I was asked to speak at graduation, which is kind of a big deal... So the following morning, I spoke, and though I was very nervous, I was happy with the outcome. I also got to see old friends... Irasema, Rebecca, Emily, Erin, and a lot of the ballroom friends...
Work continues to be good. I am really liking it, as well as living in the city. Of course, there are things I would like to change about it, but I feel lucky to be able to live here for now.
And that, is the month of August in a nutshell...
No comments:
Post a Comment