random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

9.22.2007

The Joys of Del Sol

As a product development team member, I get to look at all kinds of product samples. The latest batch came in from China and is intended to be sold at our Sol Kids stores… Well, each vendor obviously wants us to pick their products, so they even translate the packaging to English… Here is what some of my favorites said:
* On a bubble-making toy: “Advise to use the excellent batteries, the bubble will be more”

* On a shark keychain: “Sharks COULD grow teeth throughout their life” So…they may or may not have teeth. Thanks for clarifying, China.

* On a flashing stick: Intended uses: Apply ror (not to be confused with for) concert, snow activity, camping, disco, pub, parties… Also, it should be noted that this toy (it looks like a wand that lights up) plays a song in Chinese while it flashes… Probably the coolest toy ever made. We definitely had a lot of fun with this one. Karson was dancing around with it. I must remember to pack it next time I go camping….which will probably be never.
* On a Star Beads Kit: To exert your imagination freely and go to knit your beads kingdom… What the…???? I couldn’t stop laughing for ages…

No comments: