So this is my first attempt to keep my family and friends updated on the current happenings of my life. I "graduated" (I still need an internship credit) from BYU on August 16th. Funny story, actually. I had my phone with me during the ceremony because I needed to tell my mom and my sister how to get to the DeJong Concert hall, which is where graduation was. I turned off my phone during the ceremony, but as soon as it was over, I turned it back on. I had a voicemail from my now-boss, Dave Thueson, offering me the product manager position at Del Sol Corporate. So...I literally had a job witihn two minutes of being a BYU graduate. Talk about good timing...
So far, work is going well. My boss is actually in Asia for the next two months, so I am basically on my own. I basically work with suppliers to find products for our three Del Sol stores (Del Sol, Sol Kids, and Cariloha). It is kind of a busy time now since we are working on launching the Sol Kids line. We still need to finalize the products that will be in the stores before the end of quarter 3.
The company itself is really fun. The CEO served his mission in Costa Rica, so he is always trying to talk like a "Tico" and sometimes it is really funny. I also get to work with two of my good friends- Karson Denney (Internship dept.) and Emily Dennis (graphic design dept.) I usually carpool from Provo with two other people , so not having a car hasn't been a problem. Other than that, work is great. I am still getting used to the 8-5, so sometimes I am in meetings that are really long, and all I can think about is trying to stay awake. I also get all kinds of free office supplies.
I do miss being in school, believe it or not. I like being in charge of my own schedule and I miss not being able to take dance classes. Technically, I can still take classes if I want, so maybe next semester, I'll pick up a dance class.
I moved to the Promenade, and so far...it has not been a good experience. The apartment was extremely dirty when I moved in, so I had to deal with that, and also with the fact that we didn't have any hot water for like three weeks. My roommates are also quite messy and always have like a billion people over. At least I'll always have Kylie's apartment to run away to.
I am still planning on going to NYC. That's probably going to happen next spring through the BYU internship program... I'll try my luck with the agencies and see what I can do:)
Pages
random
(27)
Broadway
(26)
London
(16)
beautiful things
(15)
family
(14)
travel
(14)
Friends
(13)
NYC
(13)
producing
(9)
Christmas
(6)
Europe
(6)
Paris
(6)
BYU
(5)
Florida
(5)
Thanksgiving
(5)
theater
(5)
Apartment
(4)
Birthday
(4)
Movies
(4)
New York
(4)
RENT
(4)
Twilight
(4)
life
(4)
music
(4)
Baby
(3)
Ballroom
(2)
Broadway Impact
(2)
Exciting stuff
(2)
Pretty Things
(2)
Tags
(2)
art
(2)
concerts
(2)
dance
(2)
decor
(2)
equality
(2)
free stuff
(2)
marriage equality
(2)
mom
(2)
tv
(2)
Amalia
(1)
BYU Football
(1)
Fun Stuff
(1)
Halloween
(1)
Literature
(1)
Louvre
(1)
Munchkin
(1)
Oscars
(1)
Things I like
(1)
Utah
(1)
Versailles
(1)
politics
(1)
recipes
(1)
1 comment:
Three Hoorays for you!
You've worked so hard in school and have been so diligent and focused about getting your degree.
I'm very proud of you! Sounds like Del Sol is a great place to start in the corporate world. I have no doubt in my mind that you will spread your wings and soar to great hights. This is just the beginning!
GO TO YOUR DESTINY!!!!
You're a great niece!
Love ya,
Tia K
Post a Comment