I stole this idea from the lovely Kate.
2012 was a whirlwind of a year. I literally feel like it was 5 minutes ago when I jumped on a plane and went back to England for my second semester at King's. It was a challenging year, but all the challenges were overshadowed with all the good that 2012 brought me.
{ January }
Rang in the New Year in NYC.
Went back to England after spending the holidays in Florida and NYC. Studied for the final from hell for weeks.
Mastered cultural theory.
Wrote two massive term papers.
Met my husband, Eddie Redmayne.
Went on a trip to Prague with Rach.
Wish KLR hadn't done the red-eye corrector on this before she sent it out. :(
With the man himself. That Eddie.
Prague on the coldest weekend ever.
{ February }
As always, the WORST month of the year. Always. 2012 needed to be different.
Went to the 2012 FINA Diving World Cup with Michael and Rach.
Tash visited London for an afternoon.
Rach had fun friends Derek and Laura visit and I liked them... they were fun.
Auditioned for the Paralympic Opening Ceremonies.
Rach and I visited Paris.
M and I at the diving world cup at the Olympic complex
With Tash and her co-worker
Auditioning
We rented Barclays bikes and set out across London in search for a McFlurry.
Rach and I at the Opera Garnier in Paris
{ March }
Finished my courses for my master's.
Got hired on with LIFT in the marketing placement.
Saw my first show at The Old Vic.
MY BIRTHDAY.
Visited Bath and Stonehenge with Michelle.
Birthday dinner with my loves from KCL
M at my birthday dinner
Singin' in the Rain for my birthday
Michelle, my favorite scandinavian.
I think this may be our only shot together of the whole trip! We were at the Jane Austen Museum
Pulteney Bridge in Bath
{ April }
Visited Scotland.
Worked super hard at LIFT.
Got cast in the Opening Ceremonies.
West End Eurovision 2012.
Visited the Les Mis set.
Cambridge with Rach (where I convinced her to buy a tiara for her wedding).
Scottish Highlands
Les Miserables set!
En route to Cambridge
Where I made up my top hat tap dance
2012 West End Eurovision with Michelle
{ May }
More exams from hell, but I studied hard and did well!
Continued to work at LIFT and loved every minute of it.
Kate visited London.
I narrowed down my dissertation topic.
My life for pretty much all of May.
{ June }
Diamond Jubilee.
Saw the Royal Family, but more importantly, saw Prince Harry and Princess Kate!
Most fun week ever= Michael moving in with Rach and I for a week.
LIFT staff summer party. LIFT begins! Worked a crazy amount of hours, and loved it!
Got to see our show (Gatz) open on the West End.
Did some awesome interviews for my internship.
Rehearsals begin for the opening ceremonies.
M moves in, and we make him do readings of Antigone. He was as pleased as he looks.
Really like/miss these two. Jubilee pageant. Waiting for the Royal Family's barge
Mission accomplished
One of the happiest days. On this day we finished ALL our exams. We bought celebratory ice cream and ate it on this random stoop on Kingsway
My fellow LIFTies as we prepare to watch our show open on the West End!
{ July }
LIFT continues. Our show, One Extraordinary Day, played across London on July 15. Longest day of my life, but such a proud moment for me and my fellow LIFTies.
Contracted the plague. Seriously. I was sick FOREVER.
Visited Stourhead Gardens, Stonehenge and Bath with Jack and Rach.
Attended the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies invited dress rehearsal.
Watched the actual ceremonies with Rach and Jack at the Royal Naval College in Greenwich.
Went to the Brazil v. Great Britain Olympic football match.
Went to Brighton for Sophie's birthday.
Elizabeth Streb and dancers in One Extraordinary Day
Olympic Opening Ceremonies!
Roman Baths!
Brighton with Sophie and Lizzy
{ August }
Finished my assignment at LIFT.
Pulled several all-nighters at the CMCI workroom in order to finish my dissertation ahead of schedule. Rehearsals for the opening ceremonies continued.
Finished and submitted all my course work, dissertation included.
Performed at the Olympic Stadium during the 2012 Paralympic games opening ceremony alongside Sir Ian McKellen and Stephen Hawking.
Mom came to the UK for the first time!
First rehearsal in the Olympic Stadium
Just following our performance in the Opening Ceremonies.
Mother Darling arrives in London.
{ September }
Celebrated Mom's birthday in Florence/Tuscany.
Visited Pisa, Venice and Rome as well. Went to Paris with mom.
Wrapped up my year in the UK and flew to NYC.
Went home for 3 weeks to spend time with my family.
This is the last time all four of us were together. Sad. Sad. SAD.
A little taste of Tuscany
Ponte di Rialto in Venice
Ignore my wrinkled outfit... 7 days out of one duffel bag will do that to you.
Mother Darling and I at the summit of the Eiffel Tower.
I hated saying bye to Brand, my favorite Norwegian and study partner in crime.
Bye to the sweet Jer.
But just a few days later = fun in the sun
This is pretty hard to top
As well as this. I love this hobbit.
{ October }
Returned to NYC and got hired on at RPM Productions.
Back in my lovely apartment.
Hurricane Sandy.
{ November }
Helped with some Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
Saw Douglas Hodge in RTC's production of Cyrano de Bergerac.
Cooked a lot of food for Thanksgiving dinner.
Trip to D.C. with my two of my best girls- Kate and Elise.

We were sincerely despondent over some of the casting choices.
I won't any names, but we'll just call her Clemence P. No, C. Poesy.
{ December }
Found out my MA results.
Christmas and NYE in the city.
Saw the stage adaptation of A Christmas Story.
LES MISERABLES on Christmas Day.
Purchased plane tickets for a trip to the UK with the hobbit (little sis) in a month's time.

These two girls... London reunion.

These two girls... London reunion.
It seems hard to summarize it all in just a few sentences for each month. There was so much personal progression involved, and I think I was truly blessed to have all the opportunities that 2012 brought me. Though I was an ocean apart from all my loved ones, 2012 was a year of goal setting, re-evaluation and healing, and I'll always be thankful for everything I encountered. Here's to a brilliant 2013!












No comments:
Post a Comment