random (27) Broadway (26) London (16) beautiful things (15) family (14) travel (14) Friends (13) NYC (13) producing (9) Christmas (6) Europe (6) Paris (6) BYU (5) Florida (5) Thanksgiving (5) theater (5) Apartment (4) Birthday (4) Movies (4) New York (4) RENT (4) Twilight (4) life (4) music (4) Baby (3) Ballroom (2) Broadway Impact (2) Exciting stuff (2) Pretty Things (2) Tags (2) art (2) concerts (2) dance (2) decor (2) equality (2) free stuff (2) marriage equality (2) mom (2) tv (2) Amalia (1) BYU Football (1) Fun Stuff (1) Halloween (1) Literature (1) Louvre (1) Munchkin (1) Oscars (1) Things I like (1) Utah (1) Versailles (1) politics (1) recipes (1)

5.04.2011

BOSTON

A few week ago, I traveled north to visit my old roommate, Anne. It was fun to catch up and talk of things as they were and things that will come. The Boston trip had a double purpose though... Mr. Creel was headlining the A.R.T. production of Prometheus Bound and I wanted to check it out.

MAJOR BACKFIRE



I got majorly sick. He was majorly sick. He didn't go on that night. I saw his understudy (who was amazing, and amazingly beautiful BTW). I was way out of it the whole time and basically hated the show. It may have had a lot to do with the fact that I did not appreciate being screamed at for 1.5 hours in a groggy state. The show was just not my cup of tea in terms of content. I DID love the direction, and I will always enjoy learning to see things through the eyes of Diane Paulus. I think she is brilliant at what she does, and for that reason, I am glad I saw Prometheus Bound.

The next morning, Anne, her roommates Krissy and Jasmine, the puppy and I headed ever farther north to New Hampshire to go maple sugaring. We didn't actually DO anything, but we learned the process and got to enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast courtesy of our gracious hosts. 







We headed back to Boston and I headed out on the town following the recommendations of Anne and Jasmine. I ended up at the Public Garden and walked around for a bit until I ran into this...


Clearly, the moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars or something, because I PROMISE I was not looking for it. Once I ran into it though, I couldn't resist. I waited in the rush and got a great seat for $25.

The rest of the evening included a walk downtown and over to Faneuil Hall and dinner at Subway ( I was a little sugared out). 



I went to HAIR and as always, had a great time. I even got to say hi to sweet Josh and catch up for a bit during the dance party.




The next day, the girls and I headed to watch General Conference at the Stake Center and then I jumped back on a bus and headed to the city.

My little trip was fantastic and I loved being away from the city for just a little time... it always makes me love the city that much more.

No comments: